Four (4) Scholarships (Two $1000 and Two $500) will be awarded to HHS senior student-athletes recognizing:
- Excellence in Academics
- Excellence and Leadership in Athletics
- Contributions to the HHS Student-Athlete Community
All applications must be completed and submitted to the HHS Counseling Office by 3pm on Monday, April 3, 2017.
NO LATE ENTRIES ACCEPTED! Additional background and eligibility information is noted below.
General Information and Eligibility
There are two major components of this scholarship. First, athletic participation – both in terms of extent of participation/contribution to the HHS sporting community and excellence in athletics – will be an important consideration for selection. Second, academic achievement at HHS is required to be considered for this scholarship. Once these two required components are met, the selection committee will consider multiple factors, including:
- Membership and Active Participation in the HHS Booster Club
- Academic Involvement
- Team Player and Good Sportsmanship
- Community Involvement & Quality Citizenship
Components Required for a Complete Application
- Completed application form.
- Reference List: Three (3) sources from outside of the school community (employer, church official, volunteer supervisor, etc.) (No relatives or neighbors please).
- Student Personal Statement: (250 words or more) addressing what has been important to you as a student-athlete at Homestead High School or how school athletics have influenced your life.
- Student Athletic Record: student should include all athletic information on this page (both HHS team and non-HHS teams, i.e club sports, robotics, etc.)
- Student Extracurricular Involvement and Employment Record: student should list time spent on other activities including volunteerism, employment, etc.
- Letter of Acceptance or documentation that demonstrated intent to attend an institution of higher learning.
- Parent(s) and student are current members of the HHS Booster Club.
- Student has a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Please submit completed applications to the HHS Counseling Office no later than 3:00 PM on Monday, April 3, 2017. (NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE CONSIDERED)